Vimalamatha Church, Kadalikad is a parish under the Syro-Malabar Catholic diocese of Kothamangalam. in Kerala. The parish came into existence on 26th November 1951, the day on which the new church building was blessed and consecrated by Msgr. Mathew Pothanamuzhy the then Vicar General of Ernakulam Archdiocese, who later became the first bishop of the diocese of Kothamangalam.
A six member representative committee took initiative for the establishment of the church. The committee consisted of Mathai Joseph Nambiaparambil, Mathai Anthraose Choorapuzha, Mathai Joseph Malieckal, Varkey Iype Champakara, Mathai Iype Pottayil, and Varghese Varkey Nellikunnel. Their enthusiastic leadership and generous contribution in the form of land and cash set the process in motion enlisting the cooperation of others. Thus the dream of a new church was materialised. The parish started functioning with 134 families under Rev. Fr. Paul Malieckal as its first Vicar. Over the years, under the leadership of successive Vicars, the parish has registered multidimensional growth like the reconstruction of the church in 1984.
The place Kadalikad is blessed with many advantages. It is a small village of scenic beauty situated in the eastern part of Ernakulam District. It comprises of the fertile lands close to Thodupuzha River and the hilly areas of Maniyanthram, Panapara, Nedumalaand Randuplackalpara. It is believed that the place got its name from a Nair family called ‘Kadalikkattil’ that once lived in this area.
Transportation facility is one main attraction of Kadalikad. The Thodupuzha – Muvattupuzha road, one of the best in the state, passes through it. Day and Night bus services are available. it is Just 50 kms from Ernakulam, Alwaye railway stations and from Nedumbassery International Airport .
A boarding school was started by SABS sisters in 1989 for economically backward girls, In 1998 a rehabililation centre formental parients was started by SSLC SH sisters.When RT Rev. Dr three Mar Mathew Pothanamery was the BP of KLM, we applied. For a church and it was sanctioned. Shri Joseph Nambia Porambil was nominated as the convener of canstruction commither. 69 cent land was given by shri choorapuzha Andrews as Patrimony, Land for the building of the church was contributed by Nambiaparambil Joseph. Revi. Fr. PanlaMaliekal was the first vicar of the church. Rev. Fr. PanlMaliekal 26th Noornber 1951 was blessed consecrated by the then arch Diocese vicar Grueral Msgr. Mathew Pothanamzhi In the name of Vimala Mathai the first built church was rennovated and was consecrated in the year 1984